To Become Foreign Students in Indonesia
Foreign citizens who are abroad and who are already in the territory of the Republic of Indonesia can apply to be a student in Indonesia.
When they are accepted into higher education institutions in Indonesia, they should apply for a visa to the Representative of the Republic of Indonesia where the person resides/lives by bringing acceptance letter statements received from higher education institutions in Indonesia.
Then, foreign citizens who are already in the territory of the Republic of Indonesia and accepted in higher education institutions apply for a residence permit according to statutory regulations by bringing study permit from the Directorate General of Science and Technology and Higher Education Institutions.
Requirements to become a student:
- Meets academic requirements to attend tertiary education in Indonesia;
- Has a source of funds to finance education in tertiary institutions;
- Accepted by universities as students;
- Has a study permit from the Secretariat General of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia
- Has a student visa or residence permit in Indonesia; and
- Has Approval of regulations in Indonesia and the intended tertiary institution.
Procedure to become a student:
- Apply directly to the intended college; and / or
- Take a college entrance test; and
- Arrange a study permit to the Directorate General of Institutional Directorate General of Education and Culture.
Student Visa and Stay Permit for Foreign Student in Indonesia
Foreign citizens who are abroad and accepted at tertiary institutions take care of the student visa to the Representative of the Republic of Indonesia where he lives / lives with an introduction to Telex visa (telex visa will be sent to prospective students after applying online), after that the citizen foreigners who are already in the territory of the Republic of Indonesia and accepted at tertiary institutions to take care of a residence permit in accordance with the laws and regulations using a study permit from the Directorate General of Science and Technology Institutions and Higher Education.
Procedure for obtaining a student visa and residence permit for foreign students
1. Student Visa Requirements, consisting of:
- Applicant’s identity;
- 2 (two) pieces of 4 cm x 6 cm photographs;
- Passport / travel document that is valid and still valid for at least 5 (five) years: and
- Recommended Agencies / Ministry of Education and Culture
2. Requirements for granting a Limited Stay Permit:
- Requests and guarantees as well as the guarantor’s personal identification;
- Photocopy and original national passport or travel document in question which is valid and still valid for at least 2 (two) years 6 (six) months;
- 2 (two) pieces of the latest color photograph of 2 cm x 3 cm size;
- Recommended Agencies / Technical Departments from the Ministry of Research Technology and Higher Education; and
- Paying fees in accordance with applicable regulations.
Student Visas & Study Permits (ONLINE Registration)